Saturday, 31 October 2009
I at least have leaves.
Wednesday, 28 October 2009
This years walk took place today, with entertainment and food available .
It was a 3.5 km walk around the scenic Rotorua Lakefront, it was great to see 4000 people of the Rotorua community decked out in amazing "hot pink" dress-up in support of breast cancer.
The walk concluded with spot prizes and continued entertainment on the Village Green. The event was run by the Rotorua Breast Cancer Trust as an event to promote breast cancer awareness.
I managed the walk in 40 mins it was difficult to go any faster as the tracks were jam packed with people, many who do not normally walk, parents with children in strollers, the amazing thing was to see the great many men walking all dressed in pink
I am a survivor of breast cancer of 24 yrs, thank you everyone for supporting today, all proceeds went directly to the Breast Cancer Awareness in Rotorua.
Friday, 23 October 2009
I have had square ones, oval ones, Black, red and blue ones
Something that I do not do very often...is see something I really have to have
Normally I am quite calculated about what I buy, may be this is a hang over from when we didn't have money to spare.
Tuesday, 20 October 2009
So today I have passed on the method to my group. It looks very complicated but actually it is just the same as paper folding.
Sunday, 18 October 2009
Saturday, 17 October 2009
The true meaning of green fingers...the dye had come out of the new gloves.
All I need now is a remedy to remove the green so far washing in all sorts of soap and other household stuff has not worked. My next move is a weak solution of bleach
Thursday, 15 October 2009
On Monday this week I remembered it fell off the front seat of the car when I braked at some traffic lights
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Albert left a clause in his will that all his money be buried with him in the foot of his coffin, in case he should need it on the other side.
His wife dutifully told the lawyer she would honour his wishes.
On the day of his funeral after the viewing of the body she placed a small carved casket in the foot of Albert's coffin, returning to her seat she began to giggle, her good friend and companion Vera asked her why she was so amused at such a solemn occasion, quietly she told Vera she would tell her later after the cremation was over.
Vera could not contain herself any longer and immediately the coffin was in the hands of the crematorium, she turned to her friend and said " Okay tell me now why you are laughing"
Angelina could hardly speak for the giggles but finally managed to tell her friend about the clause in the will. Vera was devastated and asked her what was so funny for she had carried out his wishes.
"Oh yes " said Angelina " I carried out his wishes, I wrote him a cheque for the total amount in the bank account".
Now before I could suggest to members of Guild here in Rotorua that may be it would be fun to see old projects that they / we have done in the years gone by,
Someone said that is so neat and would make a good class project.
The upshot being it now seems I am running a class in November to make the Clown in a Box, I do hope I can find the pattern or I will have to start from scratch and draw one up.
Sunday, 11 October 2009
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step...
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch...
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25 No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27 Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30.. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33... Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time... You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43... No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Friday, 9 October 2009
Wednesday, 7 October 2009
On Monday a freak snow storm left hundreds of people stranded and unable to return to their homes in New Zealand's central North Island.
A state of emergency was declared after heavy snow trapped around 700 people in their vehicles on two of the country's major roads.
The bad weather, which is highly irregular at this time of year, had people trapped for hours in there cars some all night, many were rescued by snow vehicles and taken to near by towns to take refuge in community centres.
This is so unheard of and lots of Farmers have lost 1000's of their new lambs as there was no warning of this storm, vegetable growers have lost their crops, they had just planted with in the last week or two some quoted as saying that the replanting will cost them tens of thousands of dollars
Along with the snow came torrential rain in other parts.
The snow was just an hour away from us...now that is getting just to close for comfort. By this time of year we should be getting really pleasant weather by day if still a little cool by night.
Laurie Breadmore Wip. Ufo. Phd
sounds quite good I think and looks impressive..
Monday, 5 October 2009
So if you have a way or know of a way I can upload music to my blog I would love to hear from you
A day sewing silky pillows for Breast Cancer Patients with Inner Wheel ladies.
Going to Embroidery Guild for the day
A day along with a friend doing another friends quilt top who has a special birthday at the end of the month, the week has just flown by.
I also took tours at the museum
So today I have to catch up on the house work, before I start on organising a requirement list for tomorrow evenings meeting of Rainbow Quilters, for a tutorial I am doing at the following meeting, mind you it is more of a demonstration really so that makes life a tad easier.