Grandma and her boys

Friday 7 September 2007

Red Quilt




Many years ago I saw this pattern at a craft fair, and thought Yes! if I have a Grand Daughter this would make a lovely quilt for her, the panels would be hand stitched with love by Grandma.
Now we all know that most of life is not a choice .....at least somethings in life are and others are not and the sex of your Grand kids is one of the no choice ones....

So after 2 grandsons I thought oh well !! may be next time and the pattern went away in the UFO box ( unfinished objects to the uninitiated)
A couple of years on and 2 more Grandsons appear so the quilt stayed unfinished.
But I needed stitching and stuff to bring to Dubai so I decided to finish the quilt, it has changed to make it a little more masculine....the original had lots more flowers bands around the borders.
So sorry boys you are just going to have to love it at Grandma's house when you visit.

No comments: