Grandma and her boys

Tuesday 5 May 2009

A small project, Japanese folded needle purse

My friend Mhairi and I like to look at patchwork magazines seeing all the different ideas, dreaming of reproducing them ourselves, of course most really are in our dreams.
Every now and then we see a project and say "Yes ! lets try that" We found this folded purse in an old magazine.


Mhairi did hers first and bought it along to show me, so I spent an hour or so doing my rendition of the same thing, it has got to be one of the easiest things I have made, of course the magazine instructions left a little to be desired as normal, but once you got into the swing following line by line it all worked out. As you can see from the diagram below it is just 3 folds after you have made up the main fabric sandwich.
Made up in Japanese materials it looks really neat, it also has a small needle case that fits inside but so far I have not made these. I also got a bit carried away and made 3 of them.


No comments: