Grandma and her boys

Thursday 20 August 2009

What am I stitching

This week I am on to embroidery
( which really is my first love in stitching )

I have started this needle case.
it is done on linen and worked with one strand of DMC thread
I must admit to having to use my magnifer
more now than in the past
( must be a sign of the time...age. )


For some reason quilting has gone on to the back boiler may be it is
something to do with the fact that my sewing room
is freezing cold and sitting at the machine
in there is just not comfortable
and it is so much more comfortable
to sit in the lounge and hand stitch.

2 comments:

Isabella said...

Oh Laurie, That is just devine I love it to bits, I keep going back and looking at your stump name badge too how cleaver you are. Ive still not left for those groceries :-)

Vickie said...

oh wow look at lovely fine embroidery well done....and yes sitting someplace nice and cosy is better than a cold sewing room.,cheers Vickie