Grandma and her boys

Sunday 17 January 2010

A Good Nights Sleep


I am sure there are many people out there with much the same problem as myself.
Just before Christmas for some reason unknown to myself .....I started getting very tired early evening, and by 8.30pm or not much later I was taking myself off to bed... here lies the problem,  I am sleeping for may be 2 or 3 hours then waking refreshed and no possibility of any more sleep for at least another 3 or 4  hours.

I have heard of the theory that you need to stay awake for 90 minutes if you wake during the night and have difficulty returning to sleep, this has worked in the past ... BUT what do I do with this 3 to 4 hour lark.
I have done ironing ( which I hate) hoping this will bore me into sleep, I have washed dishes and dusted I have drawn the line at vacuuming... I have tried stitching but just get engrossed and stay awake longer. Believe it or not I have actually watered the flowers in the yard at 2am ...... When I finally sleep again I still wake at 6.30am sharp, I don't feel tired in the mornings but come evening I am dropping...!!! a vicious circle...PLEASE how do I break it.

No comments: