Grandma and her boys

Monday 25 March 2013

I have just had an amazing.....


I have just had an amazing week at the beach with  two friends ... we went on a UFO week and here are the things I managed to finish.



This bag I started three years ago .. it was a class at the Embroidery Guild Conference ... it was way out of my comfort zone but I thought I should try something different ... it so not me and even though I was determined to finish it I still am very unsure about it ... may be the colour or the decoration I am not sure what it.



This one is not so much a UFO ..... as it is a new start a few weeks ago  it is a Needle-case from the Inspiration Magazine, but I want to get it done for our Guild Exhibition in May and this week seemed like a good chance  with seven days of nothing to do but stitch.



This picture is a few of the items that the three of us managed to finish.

It was a great week with good food and company, walking on the beach in sunshine and we had rain for a couple of nights it was so badly needed in our drought ridden area.


6 comments:

sunny said...

What a wonderful week! Stitching at the beach with good friends. Does it get any better than that? I LOVE you bag.

Anonymous said...

sounds so relaxing where you were Laurie and your bag is one of the loviest items i have ever seen so well done my friend.xx

Jenny said...

Your work is beautiful, Laurie, and I love that bag. Is that hardanger?

How nice to spend a week away with good friends, doing what you love.

Lee said...

Well done on completing your bag and it looks really lovely I am very proud of your piece.

Lee said...

Congratulation on completing your bag it really does look great

Rosie said...

Love the bag, it's so beautiful. What a great way to spend a few days.