Grandma and her boys

Monday 1 October 2007

Block of the Month


BOM as it is known in the quilting world...

A few months ago I was at a meeting of Dubai Quilters Guild...nice morning met lots of lovely ladies all nationalities, saw some beautiful work...now some how it seems I volunteered to do the BOM for the coming year..

Oh well !! I am up to this, so after months of shopping and searching for fabric, threads and embroidery rings and Pellon, I finally produced a BOM.
Yesterday was launch day..we actually sold 20 of the 24 kits so someone liked it. I produced it in 2 combination of colours. Creams, browns and flowered orange/purple with a Dark green,
also in lighter greens, lilac and a flowered green and lilac so 2 completely different looks.
The quilt you see in the picture is just a variation of a theme just to show the embroidery on panels to the guild this colour way was not a choice.
So I am waiting with bated breath to see the first few blocks at Guild next month

No comments: