Grandma and her boys

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Quiet Period in Dubai

There has not been a lot of excitment in the Breadmore household, we have just been doing the regular things...

RUNNING

Eric is still running on Hash and he is now the GM it has a meaning I believe Grand Master but could also be call the Great Mouth as they seem to have to shout well , above the mele' of other folks trying to talk at the same time.
He ran the Bahrain Relay with a team of 16, they managed a 4 hours 23 seconds doing 50 kms.

Next Friday he is running the Ras Al Khaimah half maraton in a team of 4......so watch this space.

CAMPING
We hope to go camping on the 14th February in Hatta UAE about 2 hours away. One of the Hashers a local named "Little Mo" has a farm there and this is a regular winter activity for the hash........we are looking forward to it......so far 35 people have signed up for it so should be a good weekend. This weekend is also special for Little Mo as he will run his 1,000th run with the Desert Hash House harriers.

We have bought a small tent and some airbeds for comfort, the tent was an amazing bargan at $28 now that is a bargain and it is suppose to sleep 5, yeah ! migets or dwarfs. I think we will be okay but just hope it does not rain as it has a mesh window with no cover over it.
So it is going to be an interesting weekend ...plus all the food is going to be catered from breakfast to evening meals.....another watch this space

QUILTING
I have been doing a fair amount of quilting with classes on a few different technics and also running a class myself, it is a long story...... I like to make pin cushions and needlecases of which I have loads and loads that I give away, if you have not received one drop me a line, will see what I can do for you....mean while after attending many meetings and classes with my various needlecases that I use everyone kept asking " where did you buy them" after explaining I made them they all wanted some.

So the idea entered my little brain run a class and they can make their own. So I made a sample as per picture and so far 6 people belonging to my Quilting Bee have made a set and I have another class for 8 ladies next Tuesday.
On top of that we have a guild table just like Rotorua Embroidery Guild and I have made 6 sets for sale.....a new business you may well ask?
We have also been making Charity quilts for a womens refuge here in Dubai, we have tried something different after making the "Top" we made it into a duvet bag and used a very thin duvet as the inner and have tied the quilts, an interesting finished quilt, very cuddly and some lovely quilts from the 12 inch blocks made by the guild members so far we have enough blocks for about 20 quilts but we have promised 32 as that is the number of beds at the refuge. Photo's at a later date.
 

No comments: