Grandma and her boys

Monday 28 July 2008

What do you do with your Tim Tam

I have tried to post every day but things get in the way like Quilting and Embroidery or nothing to talk about.

While sewing today I remembered the blog and thought as I dipped my cookie in my coffee, "what can I say today I wonder."

Now it was the above action with the cookie that reminded me of the following.



If you live in New Zealand or Australia you have heard of Tim Tams if not where have you been for the last **!@#* years.



HOW POPULAR ARE TIM TAMS IN AUSTRALIA?
Arnott's reports that "Around 30 million packs are sold each year - that’s nearly 300 million biscuits, or two packs for every Australian." That's a lot of Tim Tams! Yes, they're pretty popular with those Aussies! and also in New Zealand.


Now we have found out what Tim Tams are....on with the article in question.


What do you do with your Tim Tam ?


While at Embroidery Guild one evening I dunked a ginger nut in my coffee, one of the other ladies said " Have you ever dunked a Tim Tam" a negative answer followed of course as I was new to New Zealand and their ways with their Tim Tams.


She went on to explain you make a small pin hole in the Tim Tam at the top on the cream line and also the bottom.
You then dip it in your coffee or tea and you suck through the hole while in the liquid like a straw. Have a napkin at the ready this can get messy.
You then quickly place it in your mouth whole.


WOW!! EEEE! Don't knock it till you try it.


Seems this is a very old method and used by most students at University.

Now obviously not all the world can get Tim Tams so I guess the same end product could be got with a Penguin Biscuit in UK.
Or any sandwich biscuit covered in chocolate.

2 comments:

B said...

For years now, in lieu of a pin, I've taken a small bite off each end and done the same....in fact I think I might go make a coffee...I bought some yesterday, first time in ages....nice blog by the way.

Dionne said...

Mmmmm, sound yummy! We don't get those out this way. Such a shame.

Cheers,
Dionne