Grandma and her boys

Thursday 29 January 2009

Red and Orange,Yellow and Green Blue, Indigo and Violet to

While searching the internet for some quilt related items.
I came across these poems and thought all quilters
should share them, so here goes.

Red and Orange ,Yellow, green,and blue, indigo and violet to.
By Jacquie Scuitto

I went to a quilt show And what did I see
But more kinds of quilts Than I thought there could be:
There were huge ones and minis
And lots in between,
Combinations of colors That I'd never seen.
Some quilts were just triangles,
Others all squares.
I saw appliqued angels, Rabbits and bears.
I saw fanciful shapes And stars all aglow,
All the quilts with no ribbons And the grand Best of Show.
I never have known Such excitement before.
When is the next show?
I want to see more!

It's Your Quilt
by Nancy Riddell

It's OK if you sit on your quilt.
It's OK if your bottle gets spilt.
If you swallow some air and you burp, don't despair;
It's OK if you spit on your quilt.
There are scraps old and new on your quilt.
Put together for you on your quilt.
If your gums feel numb'Cause your teeth haven't come,
It's OK if you chew on your quilt.
We expect you to lie on your quilt.
If you hurt, you may cry on your quilt.
On a cold rainy night,
Don't you fret;
you're all right.
You'll be snug, warm and dry on your quilt

I actually have more but will post them another time.

No comments: