Grandma and her boys

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Very small projects


My posts today have been about small projects, I think in fact I enjoy small projects as seen before in previous posts
There is a lovely lady at Embroidery guild who never wastes a scrap of embroidery linen, it is so expensive $ 150 a yard in most cases and more for certain types, she will work with a scrap 2 inches by 2 inches, producing scissor fobs.
I have been fascinated by this and decided to be frugal as well so I now quite often use up my scraps doing the same, here is this weeks fob, I am not sure how many I have made in the years.

I usually use pulled thread stitches and hardanger stitches.

3 comments:

Ali Honey said...

I've got all behind in my reading and commenting, so trying to catch up this afternoon as it is now pouring down.( hail too -oh no! )

That's very cute. I like the giant pincushion too.
You asked what the pink flower was - it's a schizostylis ( winter ixia ) south African in origin.

Sandra said...

Hi Laurie, your scissor fob is great. I love small projects too (at least I finish those LOL).
Thanks for joining the Pincushion Swap.
Bye

Elizabeth said...

Dear quiltfriend,

My sister is, after an exiting period, finaly pregnant of her first baby.
Now I would like to make a bright-colored quilt for her and her baby
of patches from all over the world.
I try to collect patches of 12x12 cm (5x5 inch).
Do you have a piece of fabric that may be suitable, I would really like to use it!

Many thanks and warm greetings,
Elizabeth Kremer
Wedderweg 91
9665 JM Oude Pekela
Netherlands
http://beautysalonambiance.blogspot.com/