Grandma and her boys

Monday 28 September 2009

Clivia's
















Yesterday I went to Te Puna to a Clivia Show and Sale with my friend Prue.
This is the first time I have come across this flowering plant, as it does not grown in the Northern Hemisphere outside.
This show was set in some ones garden and it was a woodland area those growing were under the trees and wonderful specimens were in the glass house.

Now I have fallen in love, and if there is ever a plant I could start to cultivate this would be it.
I did buy one it is 3 years old and will nor flower for may be another year or so
There is no guarantee about the colour only that it will be between yellow and peach.
It actually takes 5 years from seed for the plant to flower and approx. about the same from baby shoots from the adult plant

Besides the show we had some retail therapy and thrown in was a quilt shop...would you believe that !!


No comments: