Grandma and her boys

Monday 5 April 2010

Some more Treasures

A few weeks ago I did a blog on some of my treasures..so here is another.

Morton Manor  Cotswold UK
On our 25th Wedding anniversary some very good friends of ours bought us a Lilliput Lane cottage..well not quite a cottage but a manor house. This piece fascinated me and I was hooked on Lilliput Lanes, I have at least 60 which I have collected over the last 20 years, some I have bought some have been presents.. but I have now stopped collecting, I have a few that are now sought after collectors items, and  most have increased in value a little. None of my collection are still made so they are what they call "Retired models"
Lilliput Lanes are made for max of 3 years then the moulds are destroyed, this gives way to the club.
Some of the models go for hundreds of dollars... mine are not for sale.
The idea of the houses and cottages came about as follows:
Lilliput Lane was founded in 1982 by David Tate.His ambition was to create the most realistic and architecturally accurate miniatures the world had seen. Since then, Lilliput Lane has grown into an internationally renowned concern, famous for attention to detail and authenticity. Lilliput Lane cottages are hand-made in The  Lake District England by skilled craftspeople, sold in more than 50 countries and collected by many thousands of enthusiasts.






No comments: