Grandma and her boys

Monday 23 August 2010

Comfort Food

I managed to get myself on an email exchange of recipes and have received a few and this one, although I have it  ... bought back memories of a good hot dessert that you put in the oven and forget while you eat your meal. So the next time you are stuck for a dessert here goes.... it really is no fail.

Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding

1 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
vanilla essence
1 egg

Cream butter and sugar, add egg, vanilla, milk and dry ingredients. Place in a greased pie dish, and pour over: 3 teaspoons cocoa, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1+3/4 cups boiling water mixed together.

Bake approx 50 minutes in a moderate oven or on high for 12 minutes in microwave.
or make as individual in Ramekins adjusting cooking time.
Serve with ice-cream or custard  and or raspberries  and cream this is to die for.
 

1 comment:

Bee Jay said...

Thanks for your reply Laurie. I'll try Nordic Needle. As soon as I read it I recognised it (not that I've used them) but it's obviously a popular one.

I'll be in Auckland. I'll stay at mum's place as it's not too far from the hospital she'll be in.
Thanks for your thoughts.