Grandma and her boys

Thursday 30 September 2010

Letters to Juliet

Hello... I am way behind the rest of the world again..hey whats new!!

Raining today and cool evening expected so after a trip to the post office I decided to go to the video shop...TV is a dead loss and had seen all my DVDs a hundred times.
I saw the shorts for Letters to Juliet ages ago but never managed to make it to see the movie.
There it was on the shelves at the Video store... so along with 4 other DVDs ... on a school holiday special for $10 I bought it home....So if you have not seen this film it is a MUST see ....
So are you a  hopeless romantic? Do you love chick flicks? Do you believe in true love, destiny, and second chances? Well, I admit straight up, I am and I do and I loved this movie!
It is now my new favorite. Nothing new . . . still the same predictable scenario, but if you connect with characters and enjoy wit (in its many art forms), you will most likely enjoy this story. It was so interesting to see how the refined, gentle Vanessa Redgrave managed her grandson in such a quiet manner.  I also dare you to see the movie with out a shedding a tear .. so have your tissue at the ready.


Book to Movie:
The book, Letters to Juliet by Lise and Ceil Friedman, is not like the movie, but instead tells the origin of the idea behind it. A review told me that this book is a volume that contains hundreds of these letters from ladies all over the world.... ( God bless Google )
I didn't realize there was a real place where "every day, letters, frequently addressed simply, “Juliet, Verona,” arrive in the city. They come by the truckload, in almost every language imaginable, written by romantics seeking Juliet’s counsel. Most of the missives talk of love, of course -- love found and love lost, love sought and love remembered. And, amazingly, not one letter goes unanswered." 



Now I have added Verona and Senna to my Bucket List  which already contains Tuscany. . . and maybe, just maybe, I might make it there some day and get to eat some really delicious Italian dishes.

Have a great weekend. I understand the sun is on it's way to New Zealand

No comments: