Grandma and her boys

Sunday 10 October 2010

What have I done for me

On Saturday I took the first part of a 2 day course on Schwalm Embroidery ...

14 Ladies from our Guild are attending the class ... so lots of giggles and talking but also copious amounts of work taking place. ... there were quite a few new members taking part ... ladies who have never attempted this kind of work before .. in fact almost brand new to embroidery .. great to see ladies wishing to learn this lovely work

The class is being tutored by my good friend Marjorie Irwin and I have gotten a lot of the homework done today ( Sunday).
 I have a mystery " who done it"  talking book on CD and I have sat and listened and stitched all day with just a couple of breaks to empty the washing machine and hang out the laundry .. a lovely windy drying day. Also to make a Spanish frittata for my evening meal ... which was delicious by the way. Of course a few cups of tea as well.
So here is a part of my work so far ... will not tell you what it is until it is finished  ...which should be at next weeks class.



3 comments:

Patty C. said...

Gorgeous !!!!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Laurie, your work is just lovely. I must try using those talking books one day, many friends use them when driving too.
have a lovely week
Miche'le

Deb said...

Laurie, that is looking beautiful, I can't wait to see the finished project. I adore embroidery like this but am never brave enough to try. One day maybe.