Grandma and her boys

Sunday 30 December 2012

New Year just around the corner ... thank goodness



 Christmas went with not to much of a hitch !!! but then that depends on how you view it...

Kathryn purchased for me for Alex an " Electric Key Board" way back in August or there abouts .. she hid it nicely in their garage ... so far so good ... bet you can have a good guess at  the rest .

Well!! Christmas was to be at my house  an hour and a bit from hers  .. Christmas morning came and there was no parcel from Grandma for Alex 7  .. yeap, it was safely in the garage in Hamilton behind the alarm system of course... we decided to say nothing to him as he knew nothing about it.

We finally got the present to him yesterday .... the family are at their caravan for 3 weeks so a friend managed to pick it up from Hamilton and bring it to the campsite ... where they left it in the office ...I called Alex and told him there had been a mix up and if he goes to the office there should be a parcel there for him, we were going to say Santa made a mistake but decided he did not need to know that..
He called me about 10 minutes later and was over the moon with the key board and he played me "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"  well done Alex .... may be we have a "Pop Star" in the family or a Beethoven.

Second disaster ... I bought a digital camera for Ben,  I asked in the shop was it ready to go and they told me "Yes!!!" every thing that was needed was in the sealed box  .. of course it was not ... horror of horrors ....  there was no memory card in the camera.  So my poor grandson held  his camera night and day for 24 hours until we could get him one. I can imagine the memory card will be almost full by now.

I am so pleased this Christmas season is almost over ... So Happy New Year everyone.

1 comment:

sunny said...

Poor kiddos! At least everything finally got straightened out. Back in the old days, all you had to make sure of was a good supply of new batteries for everything! Happy New Year.