Grandma and her boys

Wednesday 7 November 2007

Must be the coming season



I am not one for cute sayings and twee poems but this one somehow hit home.
 
Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end
But the days go by and the weeks rush on
And before I know it a year has gone
And I never see my old friends face
For life is swift and a terrible race
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell
And he rang mine - we were younger then

Now we are busy, tired old men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name
Tomorrow I say "I will call on Jim
just to show I am thinking of him"

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes
And distance between us grows and grows
From around the corner, yet miles away
"Here's a telegram sir" "Jim died today"
And that's what we get and deserve in the end
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

MORAL
So stay close to your family and friends
for they have helped to make you the person you are today.


No comments: