Grandma and her boys

Friday 25 July 2008

Summer Quilting and UFO's

Dubai must be the hottest place on earth to spend a summer.
Because of Kathryn's wedding we are here till September this year before we head out for a vacation.

So most of my time is spent inside. I have vowed to finish UFO"s before I start anything new...bet you have heard that before and not just here.
I have done a few so far,
A piece of stumpwork embroidery
and had it framed not a good picture as it has reflecting glass and the flash shoots back at me.

and also a little something for Kathryn's new kitchen, of course can't say here as she has not seen it yet.


A Heart Quilt, this picture gives you the gist of it, but it may be slightly different as I am making it up as I go along.......yeah! daft I know...... am still playing with it
It will have shashings between the rows you see any how.
It is done in Japanese fabrics with the hearts embroidered in a crushed pink which blends with the fabrics, I am also playing with the idea of some Sashiko stitchery on it.
Watch this space who can tell what will happen.

 


Of course I have done my "Kuwait Bag" and so far 4 people have the pattern so may well be a "Dubai Bag" before not so long.
I am also going to do it again making it slightly smaller this time.



I have various other UFO's that I will not mention but will post the finished items as I manage to finish them I know of another three that I would like to finish and there has got to be 3 or 4 more hanging around.
The other " I have nothing to do " thing some folks have started doing is cataloging their fabrics now this I can see would be useful.
I must tell you about a friend here who was so bored one weekend when her husband was travelling, that she photographed all her shoes printed a copy and stuck it on the box........ so she does not have to open each one to see what is in the box....may be not so daft after all !!!!










No comments: