Grandma and her boys

Thursday 18 February 2010

Temporary Internet files


Temporary Internet files, after a day of surfing the net on the laptop I thought I would see if I needed a disc clean up...wow!!! did I ...
I had over 1,908,000 files and various other stuff that was not requested by me.   I had done a clean up  just on Monday last.
My spam box had 30 messages in it...it is frightening how much others can put on to your computer while you surf the net.
I now do a disc clean up on a regular basis and also clean out my cookies and history. The computer works so much faster for it.
Another tip my IT friend gave me is to clean off your desk top of short cuts you do not use as these are all searched by your virus detector each time you start up your computer making it slow to open.
Another tip was to keep your photo's or 90% of them on discs, especially any you would hate to lose, he knows and  has heard of many people who have lost pictures when  problems have effected their computers.. so be aware.

2 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

OK you clever lady, how do I do the clean up? Please remember I am a technophobe so any instructions need to be in real (non computer) language. : )
hugs
Miche'le

Ann said...

Good advice!!! It's something I put off for too long.

Glad you are starting to feel better, it must've been a very frightening experience.